What is Primary Sports Funding?
The government is providing additional funding to primary schools to help them improve PE and sports provision. Each school receives £8000 plus £5 per pupil. At Beech Hill School that will mean approximately £10,000
Plans for PE & Sport Premium spending 2016-17
- To continue with the same provision as 2015-2016, including the leadership of the PE Co-ordinator and extracurricular/ holiday provision; continued participation in local competition; the use of sports coach.
- Continue with half-termly intra-house competitions, ensuring that there is increased KS1 and Foundation competition within the programme.
- Ensure all resources are replenished, kept up to date and of high quality.
- Organise external support to run a dance inset for all teachers and meet with the PE co-ordinator for advice on developing provision in this area.
- Organise a ‘Health and Wellbeing’ week in January, with a wide range of activities to promote and support sustainable, lifelong health and fitness.
- Children develop a love of physical activity and play and a knowledge and
awareness of healthy lifestyles that will be sustainable for lifelong wellbeing
- A sports coach (£23,374 including on costs)
- Funding swimming lessons for Y4( £9,000)
- Funding swimming lessons for YR/1( £3400)
- Medals, sports day/weeks(£250)
- Y6 residential (£1,000)
- Y5 Outdoor and adventurous activities residential -£1000
- Weekly Boiler House activities – £5400
- Specialist dance teaching – £1995