At Beech Hill we believe that every child matters. There is a driving determination to ensure that pupils and adults in the school reach their full potential. Our ethos is a simple one: ‘Learning without Limits.’ We pride ourselves on having the highest expectations of all our children and believe that there are no limits on what they can achieve. At the heart of the school is our commitment to work in partnership with parents, carers and the local community to raise aspirations for all and to provide a high quality education for every child.
We strive to provide a curriculum that engages and inspires our children, providing them with rich and memorable experiences alongside lifelong knowledge and skills. We provide wider opportunities for children to develop as independent, confident, successful learners with high aspirations who know how to make a positive contribution to their community and the wider society. There is a high focus on developing children’s moral, spiritual, social and cultural understanding as well as basic skills.
Our extensive grounds and forest school provide a wealth of opportunities for children to discover, explore and extend their natural talents. Here children learn first-hand about the riches of the natural environment whilst developing important life skills such as team work, problem solving and resilience.
Children have just one childhood; our intention is to provide them with inspirational and unforgettable learning experiences to prepare them for the next stage of their lives by the time they leave us
We aim to:
- To have a committed staff who inspire and motivate individual children to achieve their highest standards.
- To broaden pupils’ horizons through an exciting and engaging creative curriculum.
- To provide a stimulating, challenging and creative learning environment where children can thrive and reach their full potential.
- To maintain high expectations for our children’s behaviour.
- To develop a healthy lifestyle.
- To be proud of our school and promote an ethos and environment in which children enjoy learning.
- To develop enthusiastic, independent and confident learners.
- To develop pupils who feel valued as an individual and as a member of the school community.
- To understand the need to treat others as equals regardless of sex, race or religion.
- To develop our children’s’ sporting and artistic talent.
- To promote children’s rights and empower them to become global citizens in line with Unicef’s Rights Respecting Award.
At Beech Hill, our school values underpin everything we do. We take pride in promoting these and actively ensure that they are reflected in our actions.